Congratulations! You’re Engaged!
How to choose a wedding photographer
One of the most important decisions you will make during your wedding planning process is choosing a wedding photographer. Photos are one of the only tangible things you will have to bring back memories after your wedding day has come and gone. Your wedding photos will be treasured memories that you’ll look back on for the rest of your life and generations to come, so it’s important to choose the right photographer for you.
Things to consider when choosing a wedding photographer
- Envision your wedding and the photos you want from your wedding day: Imagine the photos you will want in a wedding album for your coffee table and/or the photos you want to enlarge and hang on your walls. Consider your home decor and the color schemes in your home and image the style of photos you want hanging on your walls.
- Do your research: Start by browsing local wedding photography websites and social media accounts. Take note of any photographers whose style you love and whose portfolio matches the look and feel you envision for your wedding photos.
- Set a budget: Wedding photography can be expensive, so it’s important to set a realistic budget or price range you’d like to star close to. Keep in mind that your wedding photos will be one of the few things you have to remember your wedding day by, so it’s worth investing in a talented and experienced photographer.
- Meet with potential photographers: Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential photographers, schedule a meeting to get to know them and see more of their work. This can be done in-person, over the phone, or video call. Make sure you feel comfortable with the photographer and that they understand your vision for your wedding day.
- Read reviews: Read reviews from past clients to get a sense of the photographer’s work ethic and the quality of their photos. You can find reviews on their website or social media.
- Consider their personality: Your wedding photographer will be spending a lot of time with you, your wedding party and your family on your wedding day, so it’s important that you get along well with them. Look for a photographer who matches your personality. Your wedding photographer should be someone you’d “hang out with outside of your wedding” and could even be friends with.
- Ask about their equipment and processing: Make sure the photographer you choose has professional-grade equipment and backup equipment in case of any malfunctions. Ask about their back up process after the wedding. You don’t want to risk losing your precious wedding photos due to faulty equipment or not properly backed up photos.
- Discuss packages and pricing: Make sure you understand what’s included in each photography package and what the pricing structure is. Ask about any additional fees, such as travel fees or extra hours.
- Review their portfolio: Ask to see a full real wedding gallery. Check to see if they have a variety of different shots, including portraits, candid moments, and detail shots. A lot of times, instagram posts is only a “highlight reel” showcasing the best and most aesthetic photos. By seeing a full wedding gallery you’ll be able to envision what your wedding photos could be similar to. (Remember, photos change drastically based on time of day and lighting.)
Choosing a wedding photographer is an important decision, but by doing your research and asking the right questions, you can find a photographer who will capture your wedding day in a way that you can be yourself and truly enjoy your day without having to worry about the way its being captured.
By the way, I’m Aleena!
I’m a wedding and elopement photographer based in Northern California. (But I will go anywhere your love is!) Now that you know a little bit more about selecting the right photographer for you, let me tell you why thats me! 😉
With years of experience in the wedding industry, I have developed an eye for capturing the small, intimate moments that tell your unique love story. I pride myself on being able to create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, allowing you and your babe to truly be yourselves in front of the camera. My style is a blend of candid, natural shots and posed portraits, which means you’ll have a variety of images that showcase the beauty and emotion of your wedding day. As your photographer, I will work tirelessly to ensure that every detail, from the dress to the decor, is captured in a way that you’ll treasure for years to come.
My ultimate goal is to provide you with a collection of stunning images that transport you back to the emotions of your wedding day and allow you to relive those precious memories and share with all your future generations.
For more information, contact me and we can go in detail about your wedding day and how I can serve you!
Thank you for considering me as your wedding photographer, and I look forward to the opportunity to create something truly special for you.